Frequently Asked Questions
Homeowners remodel their bathrooms for different reasons. If your bathroom is old and there are many broken fixtures, a bathroom remodel is worth it for the joy that the new aesthetics and improved functionality will bring to you.
If you are planning to sell your house, even a simple bathroom makeover – fresh walls, floors, and new fixtures will appeal to prospective buyers.
A lot of homeowners in Omaha spend between USD6,902 to USD12,918 when renovating their bathrooms. Keep in mind that the cost of your bathroom remodel depends on the type of remodeling, how complex the project is, and the materials used. Low-end bathroom remodels start at around USD2,500 while high-end bathroom remodels can start at USD16,000.
The length of time it takes to renovate a bathroom depends on the scope of a project. Typically, you should expect anywhere between three to six weeks for a full renovation of a master bathroom. A small bathroom remodeling project that doesn’t involve any plumbing or change in the layout, will take between one to two weeks.
The design and planning stages aren’t included in the time estimates mentioned above. You can also opt to consider a one-day bathroom remodel service.
In terms of resale value, you can recover about 64% of the costs of a mid-range bathroom remodel compared to about 56% for a high-end bathroom remodel, according to Remodeling magazine. The personal joy score for an aesthetically pleasing and functional bathroom is at 9.6 out of 10, according to the National Association of Realtors Research Group.
Do your research. Ask friends and family if they’ve worked with a bathroom contractor before, if they had a good experience, and recommend that contractor.
Check the bathroom remodeler’s website and check for reviews and references.
If you have a tired, old bathtub you never use all the time and takes up a lot of bathroom space, a walk-in shower is a good idea for your bathroom remodeling project. A walk-in shower opens up your space, and you can make it as luxurious or as functional as you want. it’s fully customizable with all the shower accessories you need. It’s also a great option if you have aging family members who have mobility issues.
There are many different materials used in a bathtub or shower remodel. Here are some of our recommendations for the best material to use.
- Acrylic is a very popular choice for bathtub surrounds. It has a smooth surface that’s very easy to clean and you don’t have to deal with high-maintenance grout lines as you would with natural stone or tiles.
- Enameled cast iron is a timeless choice for a bathtub material. It is very durable and heavy. It’s an expensive option but you can be sure your investment will last.
- A fiberglass shower stall is the easiest to clean for shower walls. It’s also a great budget option.
- Acrylic shower pans are a great mid-range option. They’re easy to clean and are less likely to crack when compared to tiles.
When renovating a small shower, there are many ways to make it feel luxurious.
- A walk-in shower opens up space; it looks and feels better than a cramped tub in a small space.
- Add a wall niche for your bath products instead of putting caddies.
- Add a glass wall or a frameless door to separate the shower from the toilet.
- If using tiles for the shower walls, use the same tile behind the toilet and vanity for a seamless look.
- Use the same style and metal for all the bathroom hardware for a clean look.
Look for a locally owned and operated bathroom remodeling contractor. The closer they are, the easier it is to work with them and if you’re ever going to need assistance with your warranty in the future. The contractor’s license and permits should be up-to-date.
The contractor should also have at least two critical insurance policies, such as the contractor’s liability insurance, and the other, Workers’ Compensation insurance. Finally, look for a bathroom remodeling contractor with glowing recommendations.